Pages

The Lion King (1994) - Pencil Tests

Animation by James Baxter

"My first rough of a Rafiki scene from The Lion King. Simba pose is by the brilliant Ruben Aquino (Simba still has his teenage hair, which was later changed)." "Here's three shots from The Lion King showing my first rough pass compared to my tie down pass. In the first two shots Simba is animated by the brilliant Ruben Aquino. You can see that my first sketches are really scribbly."


Animation by Alex Kupershmidt











Animation by Andreas Deja

Source: Deja View

Source: Deja View

Animations by
Tony Fucile, Mark Henn, Ruben Aquino, Andreas Deja, James Baxter, Mike Surrey,
Tony Bancroft & Ellen Woodbury
Sc01, Sc02, Sc03, Sc04, Sc05, Sc06, Sc07, Sc08, Sc09, Sc10, Sc11, Sc12, Sc13


1 Comments:

Dapoon said...

Absolutely love it! Very inspiring! I'd love to see the pencil test sequence of the climax scene where Scar encircles adult Simba asking him about Mufasa's death.

It's got Scar walking around in a circle speaking a line, while the camera revolves around Simba in the opposite direction. Some task!

I think James Baxter was the animator (or one of the animators). That scene always blows me away.

Post a Comment

Librarian
View my complete profile

Contact
for help in relation to any repairs or additions is here.
& Thank you for your help!

This site is 100% non-profit and not aimed at breaking copyright laws.